Standard and Custom Specifications
Peptone, Sodium chloride, Distilled water
1. Weigh the required amount of peptone (10gm) and Sodium chloride (10gm) and dissolve in 1000 ml of distilled water
2. ( OR dissolve 20 gm of alkaline peptone water broth in 1000ml of d/w according to manufacturer instruction)
3. Adjust the pH of medium to 8.6-9.0
4. Dispense the medium in 10ml amounts in screw cap bottles
5. Sterilize the bottles (with caps loosen) by autoclaving at 121°C for 25 minutes
6. Tighten the caps of the bottles after the medium has cooled to prevent change in pH
7. Label the bottle with date and batch number and store 4° Stored alkaline peptone medium can be used up to 2 years.
Shipping at RT
Enrichment media for Vibrio cholerae
Please refer to the product instructions before culturing.