Fungi are a large and diverse species of eukaryotes. There are currently more than 100,000 known species. Since the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome was obtained in 1996, more and more fungal genomes have been analyzed and published. Fungal DNA sequences with unknown functions inspire efforts in the identification of these genes and their biological characteristics, which have become a research hotspot in the post-genomic era.
Creative Biogene can use CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, T-DNA insertion, homologous recombination, RNA interference and other technologies to assist scientific researchers in exploring gene functions and modifying fungal genomes. Various fungi have differences in the efficiencies of transformation, expression systems, and gene editing. After years of technology accumulation, transformation and genome modification have been successfully achieved in fungi, such as yeasts (e.g. Pichia pastoris, Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Candida albicans, Talaromyces marneffei, Monascus, Aspergillus niger, Penicillium, Rhizopus, Mucor. We can also provide customized genome editing services for other fungi according to clients' requirements.
1) Project evaluation and design of genome editing experiments.
2) Cultivate the strains provided by clients. Then conduct drug sensitivity screening assays and determine the marker gene.
3) Determine a transformation system for target fungi (such as electroporation, Agrobacterium tumefaciens infection, etc.)
4) Determine a genome modification system (including the selection of basic plasmids, promoters, and marker genes, etc.)
5) Design genome modification elements (e.g. target gene gRNA, homologous recombination arms or RNAi sequence.)
6) Conduct fungi transformation and genome editing process.
7) Screen the successfully edited strains following with sequencing and identification.
The name of the fungal strain.
The requirements of culture conditions.
The target gene information and its upstream and downstream sequences (if necessary, the whole genome sequencing result or database link is required).
√ Plasmid map for fungal genome editing
√ The successfully edited strain
√ Experiment reports (experimental procedures, sequencing files, related pictures, etc.)
We have established a mature microbial genome editing platform to satisfy your research requirements. If you are interested in our fungal genome editing services, please contact us for more details.